Because of the advances in annuity engineering over the past five years, the demand for a newer form of annuity has steadily risen. No longer an afterthought, specific types of annuities have taken center stage for smart investors looking to nail down preservation and income. Why? Because pensions are being phased out, and interest rates on bonds are stuck near two hundred year lows. Once upon a time, a million dollars in treasury bonds would pay a retiree seventy thousand dollars a year or more, guaranteed. Today, that same ten year treasury bond is yielding less than one-and-a-half percent, meaning you’d be tying up your money for ten years– getting less than FIFTEEN thousand dollars a year. That’s why bonds, not annuities, are suddenly the afterthought. Who could think of building their retirement around one percent bonds?
- Ready, Set, Retire…OK, So Now What?
- Q. Why does the grumpy TV billionaire hate annuities? A. Because he’s a billionaire.
- Plan Your Retirement Like You Mean It
- Can you still retire on a million dollars? Yes, but it could be time for a change in your investments. Here’s Why.
- A Letter From Steve To All Who Want To Retire, and STAY Retired.