As we get reminded often, women have a better chance of making it to age 100 than men — in fact, 82% of the 53,364 centenarians alive in 2010 were female. There are even more today. The ratio of females to males age 100 remains pretty steady–it is about 80 percent women. Hence the statistic: eighty percent of MEN die MARRIED, while eighty percent of WOMEN… die single. The big problem for women is that they may spend ten years or longer on their own after their husbands pass–at a time when they may lack the skill and desire to make big money decisions. It’s been found that Baby Boomers’ number one financial fear is running out of money while still in their eighties and women fear it even more than men. We’ll see why that fear is completely justified today, and then health insurance expert SHELLEY GRANDIDGE joins us. A very timely show you don’t want to miss, MASTERING MONEY is on the air!!!
- Q. Should You Buy An Annuity At Fidelity or Vanguard? A. Probably Not, and Here’s Why.
- What If You Never Had To Worry About Another Market Crash?
- Ready, Set, Retire…OK, So Now What?
- Q. Why does the grumpy TV billionaire hate annuities? A. Because he’s a billionaire.
- Plan Your Retirement Like You Mean It